Notice the “No charging required”. 1.5 year estimated battery life.
Track Your Active Life.
This stylish activity tracker blends the functionality of an activity tracking band with the look and feel of a traditional analog watch. The unique fourth hand tracks daily steps, distance and percent to goal right on the dial. The Metropolitan+ uses Bluetooth technology to connect to the Timex App on your phone that tracks daily activity, including steps, distance and calories burned. The phone app stores your data so you can access and analyze it at any time. This watch also features quick release straps so you can easily change your look in seconds.
- Track steps, distance and calories burned
- Sleep Metrics (coming Spring, 2016)
- Sync with your phone
- No charging required
- Water resistant
- Indiglo® Night-Light
– See more at: http://www.timex.com/watches/
From instruction sheet:
• Classic Analog design
• BLE connection with Smartphone application (iOS and Android formats)
• Activity tracking displayed on watch dial in both steps and distance.
• Percent of goal achievement displays on the watch dial in both steps and
• Smartphone application displays actual count and percent of set goal
achieved for Steps, Distance and Calories
• Smartphone application retains activity data and displays activity by day,
week, month or year.
• INDIGLO® night-light
• Estimated battery life of 1.5 years
Ah, it is just a mechanical UI display for the app on your phone. I bet you have to turn the BLE on/off manually.