For the last two days I have been assembling my new laptop, a rather old T410. With the SSD drive inside it is reasonably quick, not as fast as the duff IdeaPad, but tolerable.
I have Windows-7 installed, and all the program development stuff, and I managed to compile a standard chunk of Nordic code and get it to run, so I think I am almost back to square one now.
So I’m now back to my twin goals:
- Figure out why my own program doesn’t work.
- Make windows speak BLE to Nordic.
Yay! A little success on task 2. I managed to make Windows discover my FitBit. I think the issue may have been baud-rate after all. The dongle seems to be driven at 1Mbaud!